Sunday, February 10, 2013

An alternate explanation for the cause of Herxheimer reactions

I like some of the things this page has to say, even though I may not have agreed with it before I read it. I especially like the part at the bottom about the pile of manure. Makes sense.

Actually, most of what's said in the first 2/3 of the page seems kinda kooky, but after that it starts making a lot of sense. Regardless of whether the page's rhetoric is on the mark, it's worth thinking about that stuff. (This post is basically just a way for me to remember that page without bookmarking it, so don't take it too seriously.)

Even though I've done some things that are said to cause Herxheimer reactions (like the anti-Candida diet and the Wahls diet), I have never experienced a Herxheimer reaction (or die-off symptoms). That is, unless what happened to me four years ago is considered a Herxheimer reaction. Four years ago I took two courses of antibiotics, which led to a couple months of misery and ultimately inspired me to create this blog. The way I see it, though, that misery was simply a result of antibiotics destroying my insides.

I guess the reason why I was thinking about Herxheimer reactions is because I've been a little more tired than normal the last several days. I thought maybe it could be from a Herx, so I did a little reading about it. Aside from the fatigue, though, I can't think of any other Herxheimer symptoms I've experienced, so I'm inclined to think the fatigue is just part of the MS.

No comments:

Post a Comment