Wednesday, April 19, 2017

If there was ANY science in modern medicine...

...it might look kinda like what follows this sentence.





Prior to spring 2016, I had experienced significant daily spasticity for years; usually in the afternoon and evening. On April 27, after breaking my femur into three pieces, all of a sudden I no longer had spasticity. But with my mind so occupied by a kind of pain I'd never known before, I didn't notice the absence of spasticity until I'd been in the hospital a few days.

You know what that's called? Science. Or at least the beginning of science. You see, you don't have to be a scientist, or even know anything about science, to do scientific research. In fact, most people who could be called scientists don't do scientific research. Instead, they do things that command pay checks.

But why did my spasticity suddenly stop on April 27? Did breaking my leg somehow stop my spasticity? Could it have been the hospital air? A natural response to significant physical trauma?

When I first realized my spasticity was gone, I assumed it was from the Percocet I was given in the hospital. It couldn't have resulted from any other pharmaceutical because I wasn't taking any other pharmaceuticals I hadn't already been taking before my accident. After 11 more days in the hospital, I knew my newfound spasticity relief came from Percocet.

That's also science. It's not proof of anything, because my results had not been replicated by anyone, but it is science nonetheless; unlike whatever process was used to determine I should take anything I've been prescribed by MS "experts" (particularly gabapentin poison).

On June 17, 2016, still recovering from the broken leg, I suffered second-degree and third-degree burns to the same leg. This kept me supplied with oxycodone for quite a while longer. Now with a second very serious injury, as well as a healthy fear of accidentally becoming physically addicted, I took as little oxycodone as I could bear.

Every day for the next 3+ months (5 months total), I continued observing the correlation between my oxycodone usage and my spasticity relief. My observations were both repeatable and repeated (by me, every day). I'd say it's impossible for me alone to prove this, but it was very obvious to me that my spasticity relief was provided by oxycodone. It became even more obvious once I ran out of oxycodone, because everything went right back to how it used to be prior to April 27. (My troubles after discontinuing oxycodone couldn't have been caused by withdrawal because I never experienced withdrawal, and because my new troubles were the exact same troubles as my old troubles.)

In addition to providing complete spasticity relief, oxycodone also does dozens of other positive things for me. Beginning with, believe it or not, pain relief. Which I desperately need (says the guy who carried a very heavy backpack 3,500 miles across North America in 211 days just 7 years ago, with no pain medicine of any kind). I don't know why oxycodone does so many amazingly positive things for me. All I know is that it most certainly does; without any side effects or physical dependence (at the small dosage I deem appropriate).

I did have one nasty side effect when I was taking hospital dosage of Percocet: constipation. However, as soon as I stopped taking hospital doses, I no longer had constipation. I've also never been high on oxycodone, for two reasons: 1) I don't want to be high on oxycodone; and 2) It requires less oxycodone to provide relief than it does to even start being high.

As I continued taking Percocet/oxycodone every day for five months, I learned a lot more about how helpful it is for me; helpful in countless ways. It does NOTHING harmful to me. Perhaps because I have the choice to either let it harm me by taking way too much, or not to. I choose not to. Yes, even people who are not doctors are capable of recognizing potentially dangerous activity, then choosing to abstain from such dangerous activity.

I can't say this is universal (although I suspect it is), but I apparently cannot become physically dependent on opioids without first making a conscious decision to repeatedly abuse opioids. Which I have never done and will never do. Since I already spin all the time (from scarring of my optic nerve), one of my biggest objectives is to not be high. I have lots of personal reasons why not to abuse oxycodone, but essentially all doctors think all of their patients are stupid and incapable of using this medicine responsibly if they already use the only other medicine that does anything to help (cannabis).

Doctors: You are not saving anyone by pretending to be concerned enough not to prescribe oxycodone. Rather, you're killing them. You're killing me, which can easily be seen just by watching videos I've made over the last year. And you can't even see most of what is killing me. (For those who are unaware, after the "he walked on down the hall" video, I had no oxycodone for months until recently. Which is precisely why I can't walk now.)

I made a video that proves how helpful oxycodone is for me, even though it only documents about 5% of what I have to say about oxycodone WITHOUT GETTING ME REMOTELY HIGH.

Short version (1:12): https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cpzaS9ZR79M

Uncut version (14:07): https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IlYsdJh8BCs ( i'll try to get these links active later. My phone is not cooperating with me.)

(Gabapentin has ruined me, without helping me in any way. And now my body is physically dependent on it. According to what I've read, gabapentin withdrawal is five times worse than heroin withdrawal. I would have been infinitely better off taking heroin. Because all the bad things doctors want to believe they're protecting me from by prescribing gabapentin instead of opioids actually happened to me specifically because they prescribed gabapentin. And so much more.)

No comments:

Post a Comment