Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Introduction

(Note: I am not an expert about anything in this post. Much of what I have to say is obviously my opinion, but it might be worth taking seriously.)

Hi, I'm Ryan and I recently realized I have a systemic Candida overgrowth, which basically means my body has been taken hostage by a fungus (or yeast, Candida Albicans). I did not receive this diagnosis from a doctor; I figured it out on my own after months of scouring the internet for clues about what may be wrong inside me, then finally putting the pieces together about a week ago. Unfortunately, that's pretty much the only way to diagnose Candida overgrowth because modern medicine has lost sight of its ultimate objective, which is to heal by eliminating the cause of our illnesses, not just symptoms.

I suspect you found this page because you are miserable and your doctor's orders haven't helped you. Consequently, just like me, you've been searching all over the internet for an answer. Am I right?

Well, now that you're here, let me help you confirm one of your suspicions: Yes, the chances are very high that your doctor is a moron. Sorry if my bluntness offends anyone, but I'm a no-bullshit kind of guy. I know you've suspected for years that your doctor is an idiot, so I just want to let you know that you've been right the whole time. The sooner you accept this as the probable truth, the sooner you can start feeling better.

Now let's get started...

Candida overgrowth is a little-known but widespread condition which I suspect may be the cause of many (or most) common human illnesses, including skin disorders, mood disorders, and neurological disorders. The last week has been a "Eureka" kind of experience for me because I think I've finally found an explanation for why I've been miserable for so long, experiencing nearly constant headaches, confusion, uncoordination, nausea, skin problems, and a long list of other issues.

Many common illnesses are probably not illnesses at all. More likely they are symptoms of Candida overgrowth. Unfortunately, as I said before, medical professionals are trained to treat symptoms instead of the underlying problems that cause our symptoms. As a result, we're all messed up inside, largely because our doctors have helped us destroy our immune systems by prescribing us antibiotics.

Antibiotics kill both the good and bad bacteria inside us, which allows the opportunistic yeast Candida Albicans to replace the good bacteria that once kept the yeast's growth in check. With our contemporary diet, which is high in sugar and carbohydrates, Candida can then easily find a paradise within our bodies because sugar is yeast's favorite food. When yeast has an adequate supply of sugar, the yeast reproduces and takes residence where good bacteria once lived, and it all goes downhill from there.

There's a lot more to it than that, but that's the basic idea of how this medical condition starts. To find out more about Candida overgrowth, start here. Don't just look at one of the search results; look at as many as you can because this thing is a big puzzle. However, most of the puzzle's pieces are not in the same box. You'll probably have to look around at a lot of different web sites if you can expect to put the pieces together. But it'll be worth it if you're patient because you'll need to know about Candida either now or in the future if you want to feel alive.

Candida overgrowth treatment is not a kooky "alternative" to modern medicine. This treatment is simply science that has been ignored by an industry that once was grounded in science.

I created this blog because I have recently begun learning about Candida overgrowth and I want to share my experiences with people in hopes that it may help others. I'm not an expert about Candida, but what I've read about how we get it and how to get rid of it makes a lot of sense to me because it's the same process that leavens pizza dough. Having experimented with pizza dough almost daily for the last 12 years, I understand that process very well, and I hope I can use that knowledge to help myself and you understand Candida.

So this blog is kind of a public diary of my journey through Candida detox and all the steps that follow it. I hope my upcoming documentation of this process can help you understand the similar journey you may be about to begin.

--
Aimless: The Adventures of an American Vagabond.
Become a fan of Aimless on Facebook.

3 comments:

  1. Great blog! It makes things clearer! candida supplements as well as Shiatsu has helped to melt the tension in the body that is created by these causes. Try http://www.candida.com/plansuppliments.aspx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shiatus will help melt tension created by anything, without the supplements.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you know they're Candidiasis symptoms? I too have various symptoms that after extensive tests no doctor has been able to identify; however, as an engineer, I know something about science. If science is unable to identify the cause of my symptoms how is (was) Dr. Cook (et. al.) able to; and why is it that if I look carefully at each of the sites proclaiming Candidiasis as the cause of all ills for which no cause can be found, none gives any credible reasons for their claim and they're all trying to sell something (books, diets, supplements). I guess if I can't accept that something is unknown, there'll always be someone out there willing to tell me he knows it; as long as I don't demand proof...and buy his treatment (cures aren't so profitable).

    I already know doctors and scientists don't know everything; but not knowing beats thinking I know when I don't.

    ReplyDelete